Osservatorio EU STAM: Re-think STE(A)M Education
The “EU STEM Observatory: Re-think STE(A)M Education”conference, organised in collaboration with Deloitte and with the high patronage of the Embassy of Italy in Belgium, will be held at the European Parliament in room ANTAL 6Q1 on Tuesday November 8th (11:00 – 13:00).
The conference will bring together leading representatives from the European Institutions, academia, think tanks and business, to discuss the role of STEM skills in shaping the future of the European Union. Deloitte will contribute to the debate by presenting the results of the second edition of its STEM Observatory, a study conducted in several European countries that aims to identify concrete solutions to support students’ choices towards STEM-related educational pathways, with particular attention to promoting equal opportunities and preventing gender gaps.
The Observatory also focuses on the key reasons behind students’ academic choices, exploring the cultural and socio-economic barriers that influence or hinder their paths, as well as the role of skills hybridization in addressing the challenges that European youth face.
- Roberta Metsola, President of the European Parliament
- Pina Picierno, Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Eva Kaili, Vice-President, European Parliament (tbc)
- Isabel Benjumea, Vice-Chair of the REGI Committee at the European Parliament
- Margaritis Schinas, European Commissioner for Promoting our European Way of Life (tbc)
- H. E. Francesco Genuardi, Italian Ambassador to Belgium and Honorary President of the Italian Initiative Group
- H. E. Stefano Verrecchia, Italian Deputy Permanent Representative to the European Union
- Dolores Sanchez, Hydrogen Business Developer, Alpiq
- Geert Asselbergs, Programme Director, EU STEM Coalition
- Roberto Zangrandi, Vice-Chairman of the Italian Initiative Group
- Fabio Pompei, CEO, Deloitte Italy
- Guido Borsani, President, Deloitte Foundation