European Economic Policy Forum 2020
The third edition of the European CFO Conference – European Economic Policy Forum was held on November 16, organized by the Public Policy program of Deloitte Italia , this year in virtual format after the first two editions hosted at the European Parliament. During the conference, organized in collaboration with the Italian Initiative Group in Brussels and under the high patronage of the Embassy of Italy to the Kingdom of Belgium , the results of the CFO Survey 2020 were presented, an exclusive survey conducted by Deloitte in Italy and in the main European countries.
The research, presented by Riccardo Raffo – CFO Program Leader, Deloitte Italy, compared the opinions and sentiments of approximately 1,600 Italian and European Chief Financial Officers on the main macroeconomic variables and on the performance of companies in terms of economic prospects , investment and employment. Moreover, the challenges and opportunities arising from the current health and economic crisis were explored and analyzed.
The webinar was moderated by Gianmario Crescentino – Chairman of Deloitte Central Mediterranean, with the participation, as Keynote Speakers, of:
- Fabio Pompei – CEO, Deloitte Central Mediterranean
- SE Elena Basile – Ambassador of Italy to the Kingdom of Belgium
- Hon. Massimiliano Salini – European Parliamentarian, International Trade Commission and Transport Commission
- Prof. Paolo Magri – Executive Vice-President of ISPI
The following speakers took part in the panel discussion:
- Prof. Carlo Cottarelli – Director of the Observatory on Italian Public Accounts
- Hon. Patrizia Toia – Vice-President of the Industry Commission at the European Parliament
- Mario Nava – Director General of DG REFORM, European Commission
- Roberto Mannozzi – CFO, Ferrovie Group and President of ANDAF
The panel was followed by a video message sent to us by Mairead McGuinness – European Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and the Single Capital Market and the final considerations were entrusted to Alberto Mazzola – President of the Italian Initiative Group.